Poneytelecom.eu – How to Block this Dangerous French Network via .htaccess
We had to block the whole range of IPs of this dangerous network from France, using .htaccess. We were gettings hundreds of spam and hack attempts from them daily. We wrote about this French “network” here.
Here is what to add (or merge the “deny” only IPs) in your .htaccess to block them. Be sure you know what you are doing when editing your .htaccess file.
<Limit GET POST>
deny from 18.104.22.168/16
deny from 22.214.171.124/16
deny from 126.96.36.199/18
deny from 188.8.131.52/19
deny from 184.108.40.206/19
deny from 220.127.116.11/19
deny from 18.104.22.168/19
deny from 22.214.171.124/16
deny from 126.96.36.199/16
deny from 188.8.131.52/16
deny from 2001:bc8::/32
allow from all
If you are using WordPress script, you can skip the .htaccess block and install The Shield plugin, that takes care most of the attacks and much more. With some tuning you can get rid of the spam and also block the web attacks using The Shield firewall option.
- Hetzner GmbH: Hosting Botnets, Scrappers, Spammers and Hacking Scripts
- OVH.com SAS: Hosting Botnets, Scrappers, Spammers and Hacking Scripts
- Kyivstar.net – How to Block this Dangerous Network from Ukraine via .htaccess
- Leaseweb.com: Hosting Spammers and Hacking Scripts
- Poneytelecom.eu / Online SAS: Hosting Botnets, Scrappers, Spammers and Hacking Scripts